Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Kino's Journey Volume 12 - Colour Pages (Part Two)

Have another Kino update.


-----



Colour Pages - Land of Plagiarism
~I Have Ever Seen Before~



-----



"Welcome, traveler and motorrad. Is this your first time in our country?"

"That's correct."

"Yep."

"I see. Then I hope you have a wonderful stay."

"Thank you."

"We will."

"By the way, excuse me if this is a bit rude, but…"

"Yes?"

"What is it?"

"Actually, whenever a traveler comes to our country, I observe them briefly and analyze their travel style, and report it to the citizens. I'm something of a Traveler Expert in these parts, you see."

"Oh. Right…"

"How so?"

"Looking back on all the information I collected on the many travelers I've seen, and analyzing that data in conjunction with your appearance…"

"Yes?"

"I can't wait to hear!"

"First of all, you came riding a V-twin engine motorrad--the very same style adopted by a traveler named Clark, who visited this country thirty-two years ago. It is obvious that your style has been influenced by his."

"Really?"

"Wow! That's amazing!"

"Haha, this is nothing, I assure you."

"…"

"What else?"

"Hm… that revolver of yours…"

"Hah…"

"What about it?"

"It's identical to the model carried by a group of wandering mercenaries called 'The Jackals', who visited us three years ago. They disliked using automatics, so always used revolvers. It seems their influence is strong in you."

"Hah…"

"Wow, Kino. This guy's the real deal!"

"Not at all! It all comes with age, you see. And about that hat of yours, with the ear flaps on the sides…"

"Hah…"

"Yes? Yes?"



"It was the trademark of a group called 'The Northern Foxes', which came to our country twenty-one years ago. Their outlandish sense of fashion was quite the hit here in our homeland for some time."

"Huh."

"You're so smart, mister!"

"Hahaha! Just between us, I also copied them and wore one of those hats during the winter myself."

"Huh…"

"What else?"

"That brown coat of yours…"

"Yes?"

"Oh!"

"A long brown coat…"

"Yes?"

"Yes? Yes?"

"It's so very original!"

"Huh?"

"What?"

"In all my years, I've never seen a traveler wear a long brown coat like yours. It's truly inspired!"

"…"

"…"

"It's the kind of idea you should spread to the world! This is an absolutely novel idea! I'd like to tell other travelers about your sense of fashion in the future. If it's not too much trouble, may I ask for your name?"

"Kino. My name is Kino."



-----



Continued in Colour Pages 3. 



-----

2 comments:

  1. Awww. The ending was really bittersweet. Thank you for translating!

    ReplyDelete